Hi my store has reopened after a short break, I'm still offering 20% off everything!
In the meantime, have you bought any old, dirty used LEGO recently? (Not from my store, you haven't : ).
There are many suggestions out there, in this video I try:
- 0.08 - LEGO in a pillowcase in the washing machine
- 1.03 - LEGO in the dishwasher
- 1.30 - Handwashing LEGO in dish washing liquid
- 1.54 - Handwashing LEGO in Vanish / Oxy Powder
- 2.32 - Handwashing LEGO in Steradent (false teeth whitener)
- 3.20 - Bleaching LEGO in Hydrogen Peroxide solution
My verdict since trying all of these out is that cleaning LEGO in the dishwasher probably gives the best results, but I don’t really like doing it as I only feel confident of putting my bricks in the cutlery tray, and that doesn’t hold very many pieces. My preferred method is a pillowcase, half filled with LEGO, in the washing machine. If the LEGO is really dirty, hand washing is a must. I love the results from bleaching with peroxide but can only do it on sunny days. (Warning, please wear gloves and glasses to protect your skin and eyes, don’t leave it unattended and don’t let children do it unsupervised, if at all)
Please share any thoughts or comments with me, did I miss any good cleaning techniques out?